Monday, July 30, 2007

What things should I consider when dealing with retirement, savings, a CD or Mutual Fund? Do you have any experience in this, and how did it go?

What to do with your money… this again, depends on your needs and goals. If you are young, you can afford to invest in something a bit more risky (as you have more years to make that money back). If you have money that you know you will not need to touch for a long time, then you can probably afford to invest it in something long term that might give you a better return.

I feel that I am still young and I truly like the excitement of investing in the stock market. I put away a certain amount each paycheck towards my retirement plan, and I have my own lump sum that I invest in the equity market. Though I don’t recommend this for everyone, it is always good to find out what your “willingness to risk” is. I have never been a big fan of Mutual Funds and CD’s myself, due to the fact that I am actively involved in the market and I believe I can bring in better returns than Mutual Funds… and I save myself all those fees they charge. But CD’s and Mutual Funds are pretty safe ways for everyday people to invest their money.

Just stop by your local branch and ask a few questions and see what your options are.

No comments: